Following the same routine can make you feel unmotivated and low. There are a few things that you’ll have to practice to find happiness in all the little things. Pay attention to what you want and your surroundings.
As the best CBSE school, we at Sky World School have come up with a list of things you can practice to feel motivated and mindful:
• Every morning, take a walk for at least ten minutes. While walking look at the sky, the grass on which you are walking, and the flowers blooming around. You will surely feel inspired.
• Meditate and take time to connect with yourself.
• Go to a park and watch people around you, especially children. Notice them play with each other.
• Buy art supplies. Draw and paint anything you like even if you aren’t good at it. You’ll distract yourself from unnecessary thoughts.
• Try something new and indulge in activities that motivate you. You can join a dancing or singing class to find inspiration.
• Read inspirational books or blogs. If you aren’t an avid reader, listen to podcasts that are available in bulk on the internet.
• Embrace the changes whether they are happening around you or in you. It is okay to feel suffocated sometimes, but with the right mindset, you will surely get through this phase.
• Each day, count your blessings and be grateful.
• If you are feeling overwhelmed, take a break from whatever you are doing and relax. Try to refocus by taking 3 or 4 deep breaths.
• Maintain a journal and write your experiences daily. It will help you connect with yourself.
• Do not be scared to talk to somebody if you need to feel inspired. You’ll be amazed to hear all the things that people will say for you to get motivated and find inspiration.
• Clear away all the distractions.
These are some of the advice we give our students at Sky World School, the top CBSE schools in Panchkula. You can also follow these simple steps and feel motivated.
Note taking is a process where you jot down important points during a lecture to remember the things that have been told. It is a record that helps you collect information for your benefit without really processing the material. Note making involves processing of the material. It helps you receive in-depth information about the subject. It is an active approach to studying since you analyze and summarize whatever you write.
Topping the list of schools in tricity, Sky World School, has come up with some points on the importance of note taking and note making:
• It enhances the academic success of a student.
• Note taking improves attention and focus.
• By taking notes, students participate in active learning.
• It helps boost a child’s retention power.
• Helps students get rid of unwanted information.
• Makes a student more organized.
• It helps the students to keep their mind active during lectures.
• At the time of revision, students can take help from the notes and have easy access to the topics.
• Students get to make notes based on their capacity.
• At the time of exams, students gather all information from one place. Also, the way study material is assembled, helps them understand the lessons better.
• According to the student’s convenience changes can be made.
• Information is always ready whenever required.
• Help students to identify key ideas.
• They can link syllabus to the study material.
• You can make the notes at your pace and add additional information when required.
Note taking and making is not only beneficial for school but also play a crucial role in professional life. When these small values are adopted in a classroom children flourish. As the best school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we help our students reach success by pushing them towards their goal.
Classroom management refers to the techniques used to manage students in a class. It gets really difficult if the students don’t behave properly and are creating havoc. A teacher needs to manage the class so that the sanctity of an educational institution is maintained.
Here are a few tips on classroom management strategies from one of the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula – The Sky World School:
Positive Relation with the Students
If you are being rude with the students unnecessarily, they might tend to get detached from you. Greet everyone with politeness and respect, then only they will be able to reciprocate it back. Some students will create indiscipline. Make them realize that their behavior is creating a problem for the whole classroom.
If a student comes up with a suggestion, welcome it. It is important that you acknowledge their feedback. It makes them realize that their opinions matter. Student’s valuable feedback provides to be beneficial for the students as well.
Uplift the Student’s Morale
Students love to be praised for the right reasons. They get encouraged to do better when teachers acknowledge their efforts and performance. It makes them realize the importance of working in a qualitative manner.
Consistency is The Key
Make students learn the importance of consistency. Set an example since they will learn it from you only. Whether you are assigning a task or carrying out the activities stay consistent.
While assessing the student’s progress, involve the parents so that they take a keen interest in their ward’s performance. They must know what activity their child is participating in so that they keep a track of the things they need to do at home.
Be Patient with the Students
Some students will test your patience. Make sure to address each one of them individually instead of involving the whole class. If some students are troubling you, there will be a lot of them who are paying attention as well.
As one of the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, at The Sky World School, we believe that a classroom can be managed using the above-stated strategies.
The demographics of a classroom is never static. Some children learn everything easily, whereas some face difficulties. A teacher needs to pay more attention to students who aren’t good at learning. It is equally important for other students to help their classmates who face difficulty while studying.
Given below are some of the tips that can be used in order to motivate weak students. Using these tips the faculty at Sky World School, known as the top school in Panchkula, encourage the students who need special attention to be the best version of themselves.
When a child is unable to show improvement it is important to take help from the parents and give him feedback on his performance. You might even ask them about his learning patterns and how he processes information.
Teaming Up With Bright Kids
A student who is weak will not be able to analyze stuff on his own. Therefore, it becomes essential for him to get help from others.
Reward Small Improvements
When you see that the students are improving in a test or classroom, reward them with candies or badges. This will help them work harder the next time.
In order to teach the slow learners, you need to be patient. It might take time for you to adjust to their level of understanding. Meanwhile, make sure you are polite and don’t end up discouraging them.
Analyze Their Method of Understanding
You need to analyze their capacity of learning and the method they use to learn a subject. This will help you enhance your teaching skills with respect to their understanding.
Give Your Feedback in Private
You don’t have to give your feedback in front of all the students. The child may feel discouraged and insulted due to his incapability to learn like other students. Make sure you tell him about his performance in private.
As one of the best school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we strive to make our students feel encouraged despite how they perform in their academics. Remember, it doesn’t matter how slowly a child learns as long as we are encouraging them not to stop.
Determination is defined as a firm will that allows you to believe that you can do anything and everything. It is important to be determined so that you stay motivated and focused on the long term goal. Without determination, it gets a little difficult to aim at a particular thing and sometimes you may even feel unambitious.
Listed as one of the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, The Sky World School, is here to give you 6 simple practices to stay determined in order to succeed:
Do Not Sulk
In order to succeed one must take every challenge right on. There is no use in sulking, instead one must take every opportunity that life throws at him in order to improve.
One Day at a Time
An undetermined person is always in a hurry. In order to achieve victory in life, we must learn the art of patience. Everything will happen at its own pace. Remember, patience plus determination equals success.
Stick to Your Plans
You will achieve nothing if you do not stay focused. If you have made your mind to get up early, execute the plan and make the most of it.
Take Up a Healthy Diet
You won’t attain success with only a healthy mind, making your body healthy is necessary too. It is important to eat food rich in nutrients so that you do not face any challenge in achieving your goal.
You need to declutter your mind every once in a while just like you declutter your workspace. When you have a lot of tabs opened in your mind, you tend to lose the sight of what you want.
Let Go of What You Can’t Control
Sometimes we let other people’s opinion master our thoughts. This has a negative effect on our work and we may feel under a lot of pressure. It is important to let go of the things you have no control over.
Keep in mind, you can achieve the highest level of success only with sheer determination and willpower. By following these tips, we at The Sky World School, considered one of the top CBSE school in Panchkula, are positive that the results will always be in your favor, regardless of the field you choose.
The traditional approach of teaching and learning leaves most of the students bored and uninterested. This accelerates their poor performance and leaves them with unsatisfying results. As one of the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula, SkyWorld School, brings to you some of the approaches that can be inculcated so that you can make the students learn in an effective manner.
What is Inquiry and Discovery based method?
Theorist and psychologists such as Jean Piaget, Jerome Bruner, and Seymour Papert, suggest that students learn by doing. Thus, this method of making students understand various subjects by discovering things on their own proves to be beneficial. It gives the utmost freedom to the learner in order to find “the hidden knowledge” at the end of the course.
This approach encourages students to learn and seek answers through their past experiences, allowing them to share their stories with each other. Manipulating situations, exploring and interacting with their surroundings and performing experiments help students establish an active role in problem-solving. Instead of narrating the whole chapter in front of the students, a teacher sits back and evaluates how well a child is able to absorb this method.
Benefits of this method:
• Enhances the learning experience for children.
• Induces curiosity in students.
• Allows the students to take accountability.
• Promotes independence.
• The process can be adjusted whichever way a teacher wants to, generating maximum flexibility for students to understand the lessons.
• For students who have difficulty learning via the traditional method, it helps them grasp the content.
• The curriculum can be revised according to the needs and interest of the students.
• Builds good communication skills in the students and help them voice their opinions.
• Motivates the students to think critically.
• When students learn by doing, their power of retaining lessons increases.
Listed as one of the best CBSE school in Panchkula, we ensure that our students get involved in the process of learning in order to become the best version of themselves.
Dr. Howard Gardner, a professor of Education at the Harvard University, suggested that intelligence is beyond the notion of I.Q., and thus proposed a theory in the year 1983, known as Multiple Intelligence Theory.
This theory provides insight into 8 different categories in order to know the broad range of human potential in children and adults as well.
The categories are as under:
• Linguistic Intelligence (Word Smart)
• Logical-Mathematical Intelligence (Number/Reasoning Smart)
• Spatial Intelligence (Picture Smart)
• Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence (Body Smart)
• Musical Intelligence (Music Smart)
• Interpersonal Intelligence (People Smart)
• Intrapersonal Intelligence (Self-Smart)
• Naturalist Intelligence (Nature Smart)
Intelligence is measured on how well a person has done or is doing in his academics. Dr. Gardner’s theory differs from this statement. It says that a person who can sing well is as intelligent as a person who can perform surgeries, i.e., a doctor. Although the equation would differ a little, the ability to acquire knowledge remains the same.
As one of the top 10 CBSE school in Panchkula, we feel that our education culture gives more importance to students who are good with math rather than students who are inclined towards dancing, and thus do not receive much boosting from teachers or parents for that matter. Such children, when not given proper recognition end up being depressed and get disinterested in studying. This results in poor performance in exams and are thus labeled dumb or unintelligent. The talent in a child, whatever it may be, should be recognized and the child should be motivated to work hard towards his dream. Since every child has a different mental capacity, it is almost impossible to turn every child into a doctor or engineer. This world needs more people who can paint, sing, dance, design and thus flourish in their niche.
We, at Skyworld School, being the best CBSE school in Panchkula, believe that every child’s need should be catered. It is our responsibility to direct our students on the path that they want to follow.
It is essential to cater to the needs of students in the class. Students should feel as comfortable as their home and be happy to attend classes. Their opinions should matter a lot so that a school can make changes according to their outlook. We at the Skyworld School, listed as the best school in Panchkula, cater to the Individual needs of students.
We have listed below certain ways through which we can cater to the needs of students:
Fight the Urge to Tell Students the Answers
Rather than taking the time to give them the tools to find the answer themselves it is better to give the struggling student the answer. This means fighting the urge to give them the answer just to save you time with your other students.
Students should be taught that they must keep working hard when the going gets tough. They should try different strategies and ways when they get stuck on a question.
Take it One Task at a Time
For a struggling student the easiest way to understand a concept better is to take it one question at a time. When you have too many struggling students, the best is to teach them together as a group.
Give Students Encouragement
Highly dedicated and professional teachers always encourage students and motivate them to do well in school. They praise them and also inspire them that they can do anything. Teachers always play a major role in a student’s life when it comes to boosting their confidence.
We at Skyworld School, counted as the top school in Panchkula, consider each child’s interest and needs. We engage them in different learning tasks and offer them attention so that they can learn at their own pace. We use these teaching methods so as to improvise our students so that they can perform to their best.