In an era where news spreads like wildfire, it becomes difficult to interpret the source and distinguish between fake and real news.
People rely upon such news without any credibility and forward it to others. School children who have access to technology are falling into the same trap. They tend to misinform each other, and the news keeps on spreading without a break.
As one of the top schools in sector 21, Panchkula, at the Sky World School, we make sure our students do not pass on unwanted information by helping them differentiate between fake and real news.
Given below are a few strategies that will help you make your students aware of the same:
• Make students aware of things happening worldwide. Appoint five students to bring two pieces of news in a day, with one being real and the other fake. Discuss them one by one. Help the students identify which news is correct and which one is incorrect.
• Inform your students that whatever they read online is not necessarily true. Many times things can be manipulated.
• Encourage them to look for sources. Often a piece of news having no credibility is considered fake.
• Help them go through a piece of news thoroughly, for example, if it is defaming someone, look at both sides and try to make it more simple for the students. Allow them to have an opinion on the issue.
• Tell your students about the importance of staying away from unhealthy gossips.
• Make it mandatory for the students to bring a newspaper to school. This will shift their interest in reading authentic information while helping them learn a language better.
• It is crucial that a child uses social media platforms responsibly. The option of sharing news online can create a lot of problems. It should only be shared if it has a trusted source.
As one of the top schools near Peer Muchalla, at Sky World School, we feel it is our responsibility to make our students literate when it comes to a bulk of information.
Over the past few years, the traditional model of education has taken a back seat. Social media platforms and the internet brings us the concept of a flat classroom and global collaboration where students are made to learn about what is happening in the world.
Education is indeed borderless, meaning that whatever that is being taught in one country can be introduced into another country, making students more aware of the opportunities to come in the future. It has a crucial role in making a child aware of a place he has never been to and pushes him to explore his potential.
At Sky World School, one of the best schools in sector 21, Panchkula, we make sure our students become successful global citizens by introducing them to the different aspects of flat classroom and global collaboration.
With the arrival of technology, the geographical boundaries, are becoming less relevant and is bridging a gap between classrooms and nations. It has now become a necessity to encourage students to harness their skills in knowing the planet better. Students not only get to know about cultural diversity but get to embrace it as well.
Below are some of the advantages of global education:
- Introduction of new techniques.
- Amalgamation of technology and education.
- It helps to expand a child’s perspective to view the world.
- Academic growth: Students take part in a well-rounded education and amplify their skills on a global platform.
- Personal growth: The introduction of global education enhances a child’s time managing skills, social skills, and self-confidence.
- A child distinguishes between different cultures and traditions via global education.
- Knowledge is spread much easily and consistently.
- Online education is a little less costly than traditional teaching.
- Students get to interact with other students belonging to different continents altogether.
Each child is different and with that kept in mind, the faculty at Sky World School, the top school in Panchkula, caters to every single child’s needs and requirements.
Learning to read is a lengthy process, but at the same time, it is very crucial. As a teacher and a parent, it is necessary for you to foster lifelong reading skills in the children. Each child is different from the others and so is his learning capacity. Therefore, we need to put every child’s needs in perspective while teaching them.
Here are some reasons why reading is essential:
- It is a vital skill in finding a good job when a child is ready.
- It helps the mind develop into its full ability.
- Reading enhances one’s imagination and helps him/her develop critical thinking.
Topping the list of schools in Tricity, Sky World School has come up with a list of a few pointers on how fun can be introduced in reading by the teachers and the parents:
Identify Words in Everyday Objects:
Whether it is a newspaper or a packet of chips, you can help your child identify words that are common. Children learn about things when they see them on a regular basis.
Teach Children How to Decode Words:
Make your child or student learn the sounds of each letter. Once they learn how to do this, they will be able to put the words together.
Introduce Games while Teaching:
You can introduce games while making the students read. For example, you can write names of fruits and vegetables on chits and distribute them amongst the students and tell them to act.
Performing Plays in the Classroom:
You can make the students act in the classroom. The plays can be related to various chapters that you are teaching in the classroom. The students will go through the lessons and will be able to understand on their own.
As the top school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we encourage our students to read while incorporating fun activities in the classroom.
A classroom is a colorful space consisting of children of all kinds. A classroom in such a scenario is extremely dynamic in its nature and not necessarily easy to handle. A teacher needs to cater to the needs of all students and at the same time show some decorum in the handling. As a school in Panchkula, we ensure that our teachers have appropriate tools for managing a classroom.
Listed below are some ideas teachers can employ to ensure a smooth flow of instruction within a classroom:
Ensure the classroom has preset guidelines which you build in collaboration with your students. This will help the children know what is expected out of them. What is the way to ask questions? How to communicate when they want to go out? All of these will ease the communication that you have with your students.
Avoid Punishing Whole Classrooms
It’s inevitable that eventually a classroom goes out of hand but the least you can do is treat it as an isolated incident and address it accordingly. Punishing the whole classroom can act as a hindrance to students who are on task, thus spoiling other management efforts.
Set explicit rules for everything. Make sure your children have various opportunities to follow this set routine. Do not deviate from the set routine as it may act as an expectation from the student. A lot of behavioral issues arise out of not being clear about how and what a student is expected to do.
Its always easier to make a class follow a certain pattern if there are assured returns in the end. Make the students a part of the rewards system to make sure that the rewards are something students are looking forward to.
Encourage the Growth Mindset
It is always important to encourage initiative that a student takes. There will always be students in a class that want to do a little something extra. Let them make a short presentation and then see how even other students get motivated to do the same.
As the best school in Panchkula, we are always striving to create a better tomorrow for all our students and having colorful classrooms ensure that we are able to do so.
With the recent cases of how students are not safe within the school premises, it develops a fear among the parents when it comes to the safety and security of a child. Skyworld School, one of the best school in Panchkula gives you a checklist to ensure whether your child is safe in the school premises or not.
• The school environment including the school buildings, premises, playgrounds, laboratories, computer rooms, libraries, toilets, drinking water facilities, and the surroundings safe and secure.
• The building should be constructed to ensure the safety of life and be more resistant to hazards.
• Students need to be better aware and prepared to respond to any disaster, natural or man-made.
• The school basic fire safety equipment and organize fire drills for the students to prepare them to respond to any situation of crisis.
• Psychosocial safety of a child is as important as physical safety. A school must be vigilant towards children showing symptoms of aggression, depression, and feeling of helplessness.
• The staff should be trained to understand child behavior including the administrators and the cleaning staff.
• The school transport should have a GPS system and the parents should be aware of the child’s whereabouts.
• The school staff should be hired on the basis of a past background check including their residence and past employment.
• A school should be able to provide all the healthcare facilities and also access to mental health services.
• A school should have a proper visitor management system to keep a check on the entry of outsiders in the premises.
• CCTV cameras should be installed at multiple locations to ensure a child’s day to day safety.
Being the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, we make sure that your child feels safe and welcomed in the school and also develop a trusting relationship with the parents to assure them about their child’s safety.
Following the same routine can make you feel unmotivated and low. There are a few things that you’ll have to practice to find happiness in all the little things. Pay attention to what you want and your surroundings.
As the best CBSE school, we at Sky World School have come up with a list of things you can practice to feel motivated and mindful:
• Every morning, take a walk for at least ten minutes. While walking look at the sky, the grass on which you are walking, and the flowers blooming around. You will surely feel inspired.
• Meditate and take time to connect with yourself.
• Go to a park and watch people around you, especially children. Notice them play with each other.
• Buy art supplies. Draw and paint anything you like even if you aren’t good at it. You’ll distract yourself from unnecessary thoughts.
• Try something new and indulge in activities that motivate you. You can join a dancing or singing class to find inspiration.
• Read inspirational books or blogs. If you aren’t an avid reader, listen to podcasts that are available in bulk on the internet.
• Embrace the changes whether they are happening around you or in you. It is okay to feel suffocated sometimes, but with the right mindset, you will surely get through this phase.
• Each day, count your blessings and be grateful.
• If you are feeling overwhelmed, take a break from whatever you are doing and relax. Try to refocus by taking 3 or 4 deep breaths.
• Maintain a journal and write your experiences daily. It will help you connect with yourself.
• Do not be scared to talk to somebody if you need to feel inspired. You’ll be amazed to hear all the things that people will say for you to get motivated and find inspiration.
• Clear away all the distractions.
These are some of the advice we give our students at Sky World School, the top CBSE schools in Panchkula. You can also follow these simple steps and feel motivated.
Note taking is a process where you jot down important points during a lecture to remember the things that have been told. It is a record that helps you collect information for your benefit without really processing the material. Note making involves processing of the material. It helps you receive in-depth information about the subject. It is an active approach to studying since you analyze and summarize whatever you write.
Topping the list of schools in tricity, Sky World School, has come up with some points on the importance of note taking and note making:
• It enhances the academic success of a student.
• Note taking improves attention and focus.
• By taking notes, students participate in active learning.
• It helps boost a child’s retention power.
• Helps students get rid of unwanted information.
• Makes a student more organized.
• It helps the students to keep their mind active during lectures.
• At the time of revision, students can take help from the notes and have easy access to the topics.
• Students get to make notes based on their capacity.
• At the time of exams, students gather all information from one place. Also, the way study material is assembled, helps them understand the lessons better.
• According to the student’s convenience changes can be made.
• Information is always ready whenever required.
• Help students to identify key ideas.
• They can link syllabus to the study material.
• You can make the notes at your pace and add additional information when required.
Note taking and making is not only beneficial for school but also play a crucial role in professional life. When these small values are adopted in a classroom children flourish. As the best school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we help our students reach success by pushing them towards their goal.
Classroom management refers to the techniques used to manage students in a class. It gets really difficult if the students don’t behave properly and are creating havoc. A teacher needs to manage the class so that the sanctity of an educational institution is maintained.
Here are a few tips on classroom management strategies from one of the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula – The Sky World School:
Positive Relation with the Students
If you are being rude with the students unnecessarily, they might tend to get detached from you. Greet everyone with politeness and respect, then only they will be able to reciprocate it back. Some students will create indiscipline. Make them realize that their behavior is creating a problem for the whole classroom.
If a student comes up with a suggestion, welcome it. It is important that you acknowledge their feedback. It makes them realize that their opinions matter. Student’s valuable feedback provides to be beneficial for the students as well.
Uplift the Student’s Morale
Students love to be praised for the right reasons. They get encouraged to do better when teachers acknowledge their efforts and performance. It makes them realize the importance of working in a qualitative manner.
Consistency is The Key
Make students learn the importance of consistency. Set an example since they will learn it from you only. Whether you are assigning a task or carrying out the activities stay consistent.
While assessing the student’s progress, involve the parents so that they take a keen interest in their ward’s performance. They must know what activity their child is participating in so that they keep a track of the things they need to do at home.
Be Patient with the Students
Some students will test your patience. Make sure to address each one of them individually instead of involving the whole class. If some students are troubling you, there will be a lot of them who are paying attention as well.
As one of the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, at The Sky World School, we believe that a classroom can be managed using the above-stated strategies.
The demographics of a classroom is never static. Some children learn everything easily, whereas some face difficulties. A teacher needs to pay more attention to students who aren’t good at learning. It is equally important for other students to help their classmates who face difficulty while studying.
Given below are some of the tips that can be used in order to motivate weak students. Using these tips the faculty at Sky World School, known as the top school in Panchkula, encourage the students who need special attention to be the best version of themselves.
When a child is unable to show improvement it is important to take help from the parents and give him feedback on his performance. You might even ask them about his learning patterns and how he processes information.
Teaming Up With Bright Kids
A student who is weak will not be able to analyze stuff on his own. Therefore, it becomes essential for him to get help from others.
Reward Small Improvements
When you see that the students are improving in a test or classroom, reward them with candies or badges. This will help them work harder the next time.
In order to teach the slow learners, you need to be patient. It might take time for you to adjust to their level of understanding. Meanwhile, make sure you are polite and don’t end up discouraging them.
Analyze Their Method of Understanding
You need to analyze their capacity of learning and the method they use to learn a subject. This will help you enhance your teaching skills with respect to their understanding.
Give Your Feedback in Private
You don’t have to give your feedback in front of all the students. The child may feel discouraged and insulted due to his incapability to learn like other students. Make sure you tell him about his performance in private.
As one of the best school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we strive to make our students feel encouraged despite how they perform in their academics. Remember, it doesn’t matter how slowly a child learns as long as we are encouraging them not to stop.
Determination is defined as a firm will that allows you to believe that you can do anything and everything. It is important to be determined so that you stay motivated and focused on the long term goal. Without determination, it gets a little difficult to aim at a particular thing and sometimes you may even feel unambitious.
Listed as one of the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, The Sky World School, is here to give you 6 simple practices to stay determined in order to succeed:
Do Not Sulk
In order to succeed one must take every challenge right on. There is no use in sulking, instead one must take every opportunity that life throws at him in order to improve.
One Day at a Time
An undetermined person is always in a hurry. In order to achieve victory in life, we must learn the art of patience. Everything will happen at its own pace. Remember, patience plus determination equals success.
Stick to Your Plans
You will achieve nothing if you do not stay focused. If you have made your mind to get up early, execute the plan and make the most of it.
Take Up a Healthy Diet
You won’t attain success with only a healthy mind, making your body healthy is necessary too. It is important to eat food rich in nutrients so that you do not face any challenge in achieving your goal.
You need to declutter your mind every once in a while just like you declutter your workspace. When you have a lot of tabs opened in your mind, you tend to lose the sight of what you want.
Let Go of What You Can’t Control
Sometimes we let other people’s opinion master our thoughts. This has a negative effect on our work and we may feel under a lot of pressure. It is important to let go of the things you have no control over.
Keep in mind, you can achieve the highest level of success only with sheer determination and willpower. By following these tips, we at The Sky World School, considered one of the top CBSE school in Panchkula, are positive that the results will always be in your favor, regardless of the field you choose.