In an era where news spreads like wildfire, it becomes difficult to interpret the source and distinguish between fake and real news.
People rely upon such news without any credibility and forward it to others. School children who have access to technology are falling into the same trap. They tend to misinform each other, and the news keeps on spreading without a break.
As one of the top schools in sector 21, Panchkula, at the Sky World School, we make sure our students do not pass on unwanted information by helping them differentiate between fake and real news.
Given below are a few strategies that will help you make your students aware of the same:
• Make students aware of things happening worldwide. Appoint five students to bring two pieces of news in a day, with one being real and the other fake. Discuss them one by one. Help the students identify which news is correct and which one is incorrect.
• Inform your students that whatever they read online is not necessarily true. Many times things can be manipulated.
• Encourage them to look for sources. Often a piece of news having no credibility is considered fake.
• Help them go through a piece of news thoroughly, for example, if it is defaming someone, look at both sides and try to make it more simple for the students. Allow them to have an opinion on the issue.
• Tell your students about the importance of staying away from unhealthy gossips.
• Make it mandatory for the students to bring a newspaper to school. This will shift their interest in reading authentic information while helping them learn a language better.
• It is crucial that a child uses social media platforms responsibly. The option of sharing news online can create a lot of problems. It should only be shared if it has a trusted source.
As one of the top schools near Peer Muchalla, at Sky World School, we feel it is our responsibility to make our students literate when it comes to a bulk of information.
Over the past few years, the traditional model of education has taken a back seat. Social media platforms and the internet brings us the concept of a flat classroom and global collaboration where students are made to learn about what is happening in the world.
Education is indeed borderless, meaning that whatever that is being taught in one country can be introduced into another country, making students more aware of the opportunities to come in the future. It has a crucial role in making a child aware of a place he has never been to and pushes him to explore his potential.
At Sky World School, one of the best schools in sector 21, Panchkula, we make sure our students become successful global citizens by introducing them to the different aspects of flat classroom and global collaboration.
With the arrival of technology, the geographical boundaries, are becoming less relevant and is bridging a gap between classrooms and nations. It has now become a necessity to encourage students to harness their skills in knowing the planet better. Students not only get to know about cultural diversity but get to embrace it as well.
Below are some of the advantages of global education:
- Introduction of new techniques.
- Amalgamation of technology and education.
- It helps to expand a child’s perspective to view the world.
- Academic growth: Students take part in a well-rounded education and amplify their skills on a global platform.
- Personal growth: The introduction of global education enhances a child’s time managing skills, social skills, and self-confidence.
- A child distinguishes between different cultures and traditions via global education.
- Knowledge is spread much easily and consistently.
- Online education is a little less costly than traditional teaching.
- Students get to interact with other students belonging to different continents altogether.
Each child is different and with that kept in mind, the faculty at Sky World School, the top school in Panchkula, caters to every single child’s needs and requirements.
‘Man is a social animal’ and being one it is essential to be aware and be in sync with one’s emotions and social understanding and acceptability. Being such an important aspect, it must always be inculcated from the very beginning. Also, the amalgamation of emotions must be there in the knowledge being imparted to individuals at a young age. So, we at Sky World School, the best school in Panchkula have laid everything that needs to be known about social-emotional learning.
Social-emotional learning is the process through which children are imparted with knowledge, attitudes and skills that are necessary to manage and understand one’s emotions and are able to set and achieve goals that turn out to be positive for them, know and feel the importance of empathy and are able to establish and sustain positive relationships that in turn help them in making responsible decisions.
For an educator, the mental well-being of a student is their topmost priority and recently, there has been a shift that strongly focuses on implementing social-emotional learning in the classroom.
The main purpose of the program is to create a safe, secure, nurturing environment for students. A place where they feel the prospect of growth and development for themselves.
The essence of this principle is to incorporate social-emotional learning into academic instruction as much possible. It’s all about keeping the social-emotional learning process on the top of your mind and finding new ways to integrate the same.
The most important aspect of any program is that it gets communicated well. As for this, it focuses on the community at large i.e. to make sure social-emotional learning is communicated often and early with everyone in interest (teachers and other educators) of the same. This ensures constant feedback and checking of progress.
With the integration of this program in your child’s life we at Sky World School, among the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula, aim to ensure that our students are well supported and are ready for the next phase of their academic and emotional lives with confidence.
With the recent cases of how students are not safe within the school premises, it develops a fear among the parents when it comes to the safety and security of a child. Skyworld School, one of the best school in Panchkula gives you a checklist to ensure whether your child is safe in the school premises or not.
• The school environment including the school buildings, premises, playgrounds, laboratories, computer rooms, libraries, toilets, drinking water facilities, and the surroundings safe and secure.
• The building should be constructed to ensure the safety of life and be more resistant to hazards.
• Students need to be better aware and prepared to respond to any disaster, natural or man-made.
• The school basic fire safety equipment and organize fire drills for the students to prepare them to respond to any situation of crisis.
• Psychosocial safety of a child is as important as physical safety. A school must be vigilant towards children showing symptoms of aggression, depression, and feeling of helplessness.
• The staff should be trained to understand child behavior including the administrators and the cleaning staff.
• The school transport should have a GPS system and the parents should be aware of the child’s whereabouts.
• The school staff should be hired on the basis of a past background check including their residence and past employment.
• A school should be able to provide all the healthcare facilities and also access to mental health services.
• A school should have a proper visitor management system to keep a check on the entry of outsiders in the premises.
• CCTV cameras should be installed at multiple locations to ensure a child’s day to day safety.
Being the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, we make sure that your child feels safe and welcomed in the school and also develop a trusting relationship with the parents to assure them about their child’s safety.