‘Man is a social animal’ and being one it is essential to be aware and be in sync with one’s emotions and social understanding and acceptability. Being such an important aspect, it must always be inculcated from the very beginning. Also, the amalgamation of emotions must be there in the knowledge being imparted to individuals at a young age. So, we at Sky World School, the best school in Panchkula have laid everything that needs to be known about social-emotional learning.
Social-emotional learning is the process through which children are imparted with knowledge, attitudes and skills that are necessary to manage and understand one’s emotions and are able to set and achieve goals that turn out to be positive for them, know and feel the importance of empathy and are able to establish and sustain positive relationships that in turn help them in making responsible decisions.
For an educator, the mental well-being of a student is their topmost priority and recently, there has been a shift that strongly focuses on implementing social-emotional learning in the classroom.
The main purpose of the program is to create a safe, secure, nurturing environment for students. A place where they feel the prospect of growth and development for themselves.
The essence of this principle is to incorporate social-emotional learning into academic instruction as much possible. It’s all about keeping the social-emotional learning process on the top of your mind and finding new ways to integrate the same.
The most important aspect of any program is that it gets communicated well. As for this, it focuses on the community at large i.e. to make sure social-emotional learning is communicated often and early with everyone in interest (teachers and other educators) of the same. This ensures constant feedback and checking of progress.
With the integration of this program in your child’s life we at Sky World School, among the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula, aim to ensure that our students are well supported and are ready for the next phase of their academic and emotional lives with confidence.
A classroom is a colorful space consisting of children of all kinds. A classroom in such a scenario is extremely dynamic in its nature and not necessarily easy to handle. A teacher needs to cater to the needs of all students and at the same time show some decorum in the handling. As a school in Panchkula, we ensure that our teachers have appropriate tools for managing a classroom.
Listed below are some ideas teachers can employ to ensure a smooth flow of instruction within a classroom:
Ensure the classroom has preset guidelines which you build in collaboration with your students. This will help the children know what is expected out of them. What is the way to ask questions? How to communicate when they want to go out? All of these will ease the communication that you have with your students.
Avoid Punishing Whole Classrooms
It’s inevitable that eventually a classroom goes out of hand but the least you can do is treat it as an isolated incident and address it accordingly. Punishing the whole classroom can act as a hindrance to students who are on task, thus spoiling other management efforts.
Set explicit rules for everything. Make sure your children have various opportunities to follow this set routine. Do not deviate from the set routine as it may act as an expectation from the student. A lot of behavioral issues arise out of not being clear about how and what a student is expected to do.
Its always easier to make a class follow a certain pattern if there are assured returns in the end. Make the students a part of the rewards system to make sure that the rewards are something students are looking forward to.
Encourage the Growth Mindset
It is always important to encourage initiative that a student takes. There will always be students in a class that want to do a little something extra. Let them make a short presentation and then see how even other students get motivated to do the same.
As the best school in Panchkula, we are always striving to create a better tomorrow for all our students and having colorful classrooms ensure that we are able to do so.
With the recent cases of how students are not safe within the school premises, it develops a fear among the parents when it comes to the safety and security of a child. Skyworld School, one of the best school in Panchkula gives you a checklist to ensure whether your child is safe in the school premises or not.
• The school environment including the school buildings, premises, playgrounds, laboratories, computer rooms, libraries, toilets, drinking water facilities, and the surroundings safe and secure.
• The building should be constructed to ensure the safety of life and be more resistant to hazards.
• Students need to be better aware and prepared to respond to any disaster, natural or man-made.
• The school basic fire safety equipment and organize fire drills for the students to prepare them to respond to any situation of crisis.
• Psychosocial safety of a child is as important as physical safety. A school must be vigilant towards children showing symptoms of aggression, depression, and feeling of helplessness.
• The staff should be trained to understand child behavior including the administrators and the cleaning staff.
• The school transport should have a GPS system and the parents should be aware of the child’s whereabouts.
• The school staff should be hired on the basis of a past background check including their residence and past employment.
• A school should be able to provide all the healthcare facilities and also access to mental health services.
• A school should have a proper visitor management system to keep a check on the entry of outsiders in the premises.
• CCTV cameras should be installed at multiple locations to ensure a child’s day to day safety.
Being the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, we make sure that your child feels safe and welcomed in the school and also develop a trusting relationship with the parents to assure them about their child’s safety.