Learning to read is a lengthy process, but at the same time, it is very crucial. As a teacher and a parent, it is necessary for you to foster lifelong reading skills in the children. Each child is different from the others and so is his learning capacity. Therefore, we need to put every child’s needs in perspective while teaching them.
Here are some reasons why reading is essential:
- It is a vital skill in finding a good job when a child is ready.
- It helps the mind develop into its full ability.
- Reading enhances one’s imagination and helps him/her develop critical thinking.
Topping the list of schools in Tricity, Sky World School has come up with a list of a few pointers on how fun can be introduced in reading by the teachers and the parents:
Identify Words in Everyday Objects:
Whether it is a newspaper or a packet of chips, you can help your child identify words that are common. Children learn about things when they see them on a regular basis.
Teach Children How to Decode Words:
Make your child or student learn the sounds of each letter. Once they learn how to do this, they will be able to put the words together.
Introduce Games while Teaching:
You can introduce games while making the students read. For example, you can write names of fruits and vegetables on chits and distribute them amongst the students and tell them to act.
Performing Plays in the Classroom:
You can make the students act in the classroom. The plays can be related to various chapters that you are teaching in the classroom. The students will go through the lessons and will be able to understand on their own.
As the top school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we encourage our students to read while incorporating fun activities in the classroom.
With the recent cases of how students are not safe within the school premises, it develops a fear among the parents when it comes to the safety and security of a child. Skyworld School, one of the best school in Panchkula gives you a checklist to ensure whether your child is safe in the school premises or not.
• The school environment including the school buildings, premises, playgrounds, laboratories, computer rooms, libraries, toilets, drinking water facilities, and the surroundings safe and secure.
• The building should be constructed to ensure the safety of life and be more resistant to hazards.
• Students need to be better aware and prepared to respond to any disaster, natural or man-made.
• The school basic fire safety equipment and organize fire drills for the students to prepare them to respond to any situation of crisis.
• Psychosocial safety of a child is as important as physical safety. A school must be vigilant towards children showing symptoms of aggression, depression, and feeling of helplessness.
• The staff should be trained to understand child behavior including the administrators and the cleaning staff.
• The school transport should have a GPS system and the parents should be aware of the child’s whereabouts.
• The school staff should be hired on the basis of a past background check including their residence and past employment.
• A school should be able to provide all the healthcare facilities and also access to mental health services.
• A school should have a proper visitor management system to keep a check on the entry of outsiders in the premises.
• CCTV cameras should be installed at multiple locations to ensure a child’s day to day safety.
Being the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, we make sure that your child feels safe and welcomed in the school and also develop a trusting relationship with the parents to assure them about their child’s safety.