The traditional approach of teaching and learning leaves most of the students bored and uninterested. This accelerates their poor performance and leaves them with unsatisfying results. As one of the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula, SkyWorld School, brings to you some of the approaches that can be inculcated so that you can make the students learn in an effective manner.
What is Inquiry and Discovery based method?
Theorist and psychologists such as Jean Piaget, Jerome Bruner, and Seymour Papert, suggest that students learn by doing. Thus, this method of making students understand various subjects by discovering things on their own proves to be beneficial. It gives the utmost freedom to the learner in order to find “the hidden knowledge” at the end of the course.
This approach encourages students to learn and seek answers through their past experiences, allowing them to share their stories with each other. Manipulating situations, exploring and interacting with their surroundings and performing experiments help students establish an active role in problem-solving. Instead of narrating the whole chapter in front of the students, a teacher sits back and evaluates how well a child is able to absorb this method.
Benefits of this method:
• Enhances the learning experience for children.
• Induces curiosity in students.
• Allows the students to take accountability.
• Promotes independence.
• The process can be adjusted whichever way a teacher wants to, generating maximum flexibility for students to understand the lessons.
• For students who have difficulty learning via the traditional method, it helps them grasp the content.
• The curriculum can be revised according to the needs and interest of the students.
• Builds good communication skills in the students and help them voice their opinions.
• Motivates the students to think critically.
• When students learn by doing, their power of retaining lessons increases.
Listed as one of the best CBSE school in Panchkula, we ensure that our students get involved in the process of learning in order to become the best version of themselves.