In an era where news spreads like wildfire, it becomes difficult to interpret the source and distinguish between fake and real news.
People rely upon such news without any credibility and forward it to others. School children who have access to technology are falling into the same trap. They tend to misinform each other, and the news keeps on spreading without a break.
As one of the top schools in sector 21, Panchkula, at the Sky World School, we make sure our students do not pass on unwanted information by helping them differentiate between fake and real news.
Given below are a few strategies that will help you make your students aware of the same:
• Make students aware of things happening worldwide. Appoint five students to bring two pieces of news in a day, with one being real and the other fake. Discuss them one by one. Help the students identify which news is correct and which one is incorrect.
• Inform your students that whatever they read online is not necessarily true. Many times things can be manipulated.
• Encourage them to look for sources. Often a piece of news having no credibility is considered fake.
• Help them go through a piece of news thoroughly, for example, if it is defaming someone, look at both sides and try to make it more simple for the students. Allow them to have an opinion on the issue.
• Tell your students about the importance of staying away from unhealthy gossips.
• Make it mandatory for the students to bring a newspaper to school. This will shift their interest in reading authentic information while helping them learn a language better.
• It is crucial that a child uses social media platforms responsibly. The option of sharing news online can create a lot of problems. It should only be shared if it has a trusted source.
As one of the top schools near Peer Muchalla, at Sky World School, we feel it is our responsibility to make our students literate when it comes to a bulk of information.
Over the past few years, the traditional model of education has taken a back seat. Social media platforms and the internet brings us the concept of a flat classroom and global collaboration where students are made to learn about what is happening in the world.
Education is indeed borderless, meaning that whatever that is being taught in one country can be introduced into another country, making students more aware of the opportunities to come in the future. It has a crucial role in making a child aware of a place he has never been to and pushes him to explore his potential.
At Sky World School, one of the best schools in sector 21, Panchkula, we make sure our students become successful global citizens by introducing them to the different aspects of flat classroom and global collaboration.
With the arrival of technology, the geographical boundaries, are becoming less relevant and is bridging a gap between classrooms and nations. It has now become a necessity to encourage students to harness their skills in knowing the planet better. Students not only get to know about cultural diversity but get to embrace it as well.
Below are some of the advantages of global education:
- Introduction of new techniques.
- Amalgamation of technology and education.
- It helps to expand a child’s perspective to view the world.
- Academic growth: Students take part in a well-rounded education and amplify their skills on a global platform.
- Personal growth: The introduction of global education enhances a child’s time managing skills, social skills, and self-confidence.
- A child distinguishes between different cultures and traditions via global education.
- Knowledge is spread much easily and consistently.
- Online education is a little less costly than traditional teaching.
- Students get to interact with other students belonging to different continents altogether.
Each child is different and with that kept in mind, the faculty at Sky World School, the top school in Panchkula, caters to every single child’s needs and requirements.
Learning to read is a lengthy process, but at the same time, it is very crucial. As a teacher and a parent, it is necessary for you to foster lifelong reading skills in the children. Each child is different from the others and so is his learning capacity. Therefore, we need to put every child’s needs in perspective while teaching them.
Here are some reasons why reading is essential:
- It is a vital skill in finding a good job when a child is ready.
- It helps the mind develop into its full ability.
- Reading enhances one’s imagination and helps him/her develop critical thinking.
Topping the list of schools in Tricity, Sky World School has come up with a list of a few pointers on how fun can be introduced in reading by the teachers and the parents:
Identify Words in Everyday Objects:
Whether it is a newspaper or a packet of chips, you can help your child identify words that are common. Children learn about things when they see them on a regular basis.
Teach Children How to Decode Words:
Make your child or student learn the sounds of each letter. Once they learn how to do this, they will be able to put the words together.
Introduce Games while Teaching:
You can introduce games while making the students read. For example, you can write names of fruits and vegetables on chits and distribute them amongst the students and tell them to act.
Performing Plays in the Classroom:
You can make the students act in the classroom. The plays can be related to various chapters that you are teaching in the classroom. The students will go through the lessons and will be able to understand on their own.
As the top school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we encourage our students to read while incorporating fun activities in the classroom.
‘Man is a social animal’ and being one it is essential to be aware and be in sync with one’s emotions and social understanding and acceptability. Being such an important aspect, it must always be inculcated from the very beginning. Also, the amalgamation of emotions must be there in the knowledge being imparted to individuals at a young age. So, we at Sky World School, the best school in Panchkula have laid everything that needs to be known about social-emotional learning.
Social-emotional learning is the process through which children are imparted with knowledge, attitudes and skills that are necessary to manage and understand one’s emotions and are able to set and achieve goals that turn out to be positive for them, know and feel the importance of empathy and are able to establish and sustain positive relationships that in turn help them in making responsible decisions.
For an educator, the mental well-being of a student is their topmost priority and recently, there has been a shift that strongly focuses on implementing social-emotional learning in the classroom.
The main purpose of the program is to create a safe, secure, nurturing environment for students. A place where they feel the prospect of growth and development for themselves.
The essence of this principle is to incorporate social-emotional learning into academic instruction as much possible. It’s all about keeping the social-emotional learning process on the top of your mind and finding new ways to integrate the same.
The most important aspect of any program is that it gets communicated well. As for this, it focuses on the community at large i.e. to make sure social-emotional learning is communicated often and early with everyone in interest (teachers and other educators) of the same. This ensures constant feedback and checking of progress.
With the integration of this program in your child’s life we at Sky World School, among the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula, aim to ensure that our students are well supported and are ready for the next phase of their academic and emotional lives with confidence.
A classroom is a colorful space consisting of children of all kinds. A classroom in such a scenario is extremely dynamic in its nature and not necessarily easy to handle. A teacher needs to cater to the needs of all students and at the same time show some decorum in the handling. As a school in Panchkula, we ensure that our teachers have appropriate tools for managing a classroom.
Listed below are some ideas teachers can employ to ensure a smooth flow of instruction within a classroom:
Ensure the classroom has preset guidelines which you build in collaboration with your students. This will help the children know what is expected out of them. What is the way to ask questions? How to communicate when they want to go out? All of these will ease the communication that you have with your students.
Avoid Punishing Whole Classrooms
It’s inevitable that eventually a classroom goes out of hand but the least you can do is treat it as an isolated incident and address it accordingly. Punishing the whole classroom can act as a hindrance to students who are on task, thus spoiling other management efforts.
Set explicit rules for everything. Make sure your children have various opportunities to follow this set routine. Do not deviate from the set routine as it may act as an expectation from the student. A lot of behavioral issues arise out of not being clear about how and what a student is expected to do.
Its always easier to make a class follow a certain pattern if there are assured returns in the end. Make the students a part of the rewards system to make sure that the rewards are something students are looking forward to.
Encourage the Growth Mindset
It is always important to encourage initiative that a student takes. There will always be students in a class that want to do a little something extra. Let them make a short presentation and then see how even other students get motivated to do the same.
As the best school in Panchkula, we are always striving to create a better tomorrow for all our students and having colorful classrooms ensure that we are able to do so.