A classroom is a colorful space consisting of children of all kinds. A classroom in such a scenario is extremely dynamic in its nature and not necessarily easy to handle. A teacher needs to cater to the needs of all students and at the same time show some decorum in the handling. As a school in Panchkula, we ensure that our teachers have appropriate tools for managing a classroom.
Listed below are some ideas teachers can employ to ensure a smooth flow of instruction within a classroom:
Ensure the classroom has preset guidelines which you build in collaboration with your students. This will help the children know what is expected out of them. What is the way to ask questions? How to communicate when they want to go out? All of these will ease the communication that you have with your students.
Avoid Punishing Whole Classrooms
It’s inevitable that eventually a classroom goes out of hand but the least you can do is treat it as an isolated incident and address it accordingly. Punishing the whole classroom can act as a hindrance to students who are on task, thus spoiling other management efforts.
Set explicit rules for everything. Make sure your children have various opportunities to follow this set routine. Do not deviate from the set routine as it may act as an expectation from the student. A lot of behavioral issues arise out of not being clear about how and what a student is expected to do.
Its always easier to make a class follow a certain pattern if there are assured returns in the end. Make the students a part of the rewards system to make sure that the rewards are something students are looking forward to.
Encourage the Growth Mindset
It is always important to encourage initiative that a student takes. There will always be students in a class that want to do a little something extra. Let them make a short presentation and then see how even other students get motivated to do the same.
As the best school in Panchkula, we are always striving to create a better tomorrow for all our students and having colorful classrooms ensure that we are able to do so.
With the recent cases of how students are not safe within the school premises, it develops a fear among the parents when it comes to the safety and security of a child. Skyworld School, one of the best school in Panchkula gives you a checklist to ensure whether your child is safe in the school premises or not.
• The school environment including the school buildings, premises, playgrounds, laboratories, computer rooms, libraries, toilets, drinking water facilities, and the surroundings safe and secure.
• The building should be constructed to ensure the safety of life and be more resistant to hazards.
• Students need to be better aware and prepared to respond to any disaster, natural or man-made.
• The school basic fire safety equipment and organize fire drills for the students to prepare them to respond to any situation of crisis.
• Psychosocial safety of a child is as important as physical safety. A school must be vigilant towards children showing symptoms of aggression, depression, and feeling of helplessness.
• The staff should be trained to understand child behavior including the administrators and the cleaning staff.
• The school transport should have a GPS system and the parents should be aware of the child’s whereabouts.
• The school staff should be hired on the basis of a past background check including their residence and past employment.
• A school should be able to provide all the healthcare facilities and also access to mental health services.
• A school should have a proper visitor management system to keep a check on the entry of outsiders in the premises.
• CCTV cameras should be installed at multiple locations to ensure a child’s day to day safety.
Being the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, we make sure that your child feels safe and welcomed in the school and also develop a trusting relationship with the parents to assure them about their child’s safety.
Following the same routine can make you feel unmotivated and low. There are a few things that you’ll have to practice to find happiness in all the little things. Pay attention to what you want and your surroundings.
As the best CBSE school, we at Sky World School have come up with a list of things you can practice to feel motivated and mindful:
• Every morning, take a walk for at least ten minutes. While walking look at the sky, the grass on which you are walking, and the flowers blooming around. You will surely feel inspired.
• Meditate and take time to connect with yourself.
• Go to a park and watch people around you, especially children. Notice them play with each other.
• Buy art supplies. Draw and paint anything you like even if you aren’t good at it. You’ll distract yourself from unnecessary thoughts.
• Try something new and indulge in activities that motivate you. You can join a dancing or singing class to find inspiration.
• Read inspirational books or blogs. If you aren’t an avid reader, listen to podcasts that are available in bulk on the internet.
• Embrace the changes whether they are happening around you or in you. It is okay to feel suffocated sometimes, but with the right mindset, you will surely get through this phase.
• Each day, count your blessings and be grateful.
• If you are feeling overwhelmed, take a break from whatever you are doing and relax. Try to refocus by taking 3 or 4 deep breaths.
• Maintain a journal and write your experiences daily. It will help you connect with yourself.
• Do not be scared to talk to somebody if you need to feel inspired. You’ll be amazed to hear all the things that people will say for you to get motivated and find inspiration.
• Clear away all the distractions.
These are some of the advice we give our students at Sky World School, the top CBSE schools in Panchkula. You can also follow these simple steps and feel motivated.
Note taking is a process where you jot down important points during a lecture to remember the things that have been told. It is a record that helps you collect information for your benefit without really processing the material. Note making involves processing of the material. It helps you receive in-depth information about the subject. It is an active approach to studying since you analyze and summarize whatever you write.
Topping the list of schools in tricity, Sky World School, has come up with some points on the importance of note taking and note making:
• It enhances the academic success of a student.
• Note taking improves attention and focus.
• By taking notes, students participate in active learning.
• It helps boost a child’s retention power.
• Helps students get rid of unwanted information.
• Makes a student more organized.
• It helps the students to keep their mind active during lectures.
• At the time of revision, students can take help from the notes and have easy access to the topics.
• Students get to make notes based on their capacity.
• At the time of exams, students gather all information from one place. Also, the way study material is assembled, helps them understand the lessons better.
• According to the student’s convenience changes can be made.
• Information is always ready whenever required.
• Help students to identify key ideas.
• They can link syllabus to the study material.
• You can make the notes at your pace and add additional information when required.
Note taking and making is not only beneficial for school but also play a crucial role in professional life. When these small values are adopted in a classroom children flourish. As the best school in Panchkula, at Sky World School, we help our students reach success by pushing them towards their goal.
Classroom management refers to the techniques used to manage students in a class. It gets really difficult if the students don’t behave properly and are creating havoc. A teacher needs to manage the class so that the sanctity of an educational institution is maintained.
Here are a few tips on classroom management strategies from one of the top 10 CBSE schools in Panchkula – The Sky World School:
Positive Relation with the Students
If you are being rude with the students unnecessarily, they might tend to get detached from you. Greet everyone with politeness and respect, then only they will be able to reciprocate it back. Some students will create indiscipline. Make them realize that their behavior is creating a problem for the whole classroom.
If a student comes up with a suggestion, welcome it. It is important that you acknowledge their feedback. It makes them realize that their opinions matter. Student’s valuable feedback provides to be beneficial for the students as well.
Uplift the Student’s Morale
Students love to be praised for the right reasons. They get encouraged to do better when teachers acknowledge their efforts and performance. It makes them realize the importance of working in a qualitative manner.
Consistency is The Key
Make students learn the importance of consistency. Set an example since they will learn it from you only. Whether you are assigning a task or carrying out the activities stay consistent.
While assessing the student’s progress, involve the parents so that they take a keen interest in their ward’s performance. They must know what activity their child is participating in so that they keep a track of the things they need to do at home.
Be Patient with the Students
Some students will test your patience. Make sure to address each one of them individually instead of involving the whole class. If some students are troubling you, there will be a lot of them who are paying attention as well.
As one of the best CBSE schools in Panchkula, at The Sky World School, we believe that a classroom can be managed using the above-stated strategies.